Give yourself permission to rest, balance and restore, tapping into new sources of energy.
This inspired eight-stage meditative practice will awaken your whole being, allowing you to enjoy life fully.
There is nothing required of you but to lie down and listen.
Welcome to Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra® with Jennifer Reis, the antidote for modern life.
You deserve to feel this good.
What It Is
Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra® is an eight-stage guided meditation that has the power to transform, heal and rejuvenate you at core levels. You are systematically guided on a meditative journey through your multi-dimensional self. This includes awareness and healing at each level of being (the five koshas) — physical, energetic, mental-emotional, and bliss-healing layers of your being, in order to dissolve away tensions to reveal your True Self.
What It Does
Transforms Stress Into Healing
Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra® switches you out of flight or fight and into the relaxation response — your body’s natural healing state — where revitalization and regeneration naturally occur. Your body knows exactly what to do to attain, and maintain, perfect health and equilibrium, all you need to do is switch on the healing switch. Divine Sleep is the button that can bring you effortlessly, compassionately, and rapidly into relaxation and healing.
Freedom, Transformation & Connection Within Yourself
Peacefully, Divine Sleep gives you access to your deeper levels so that you feel connection with your whole self. The world slows down and you take a break from everyday concerns. Limiting beliefs that hold you back from fully living dissolve, leading to freedom within your mind and body. Divine Sleep opens you up to living your fullest potential.
Catch Up On Sleep!
Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra helps you catch up on lost sleep! 20 minutes of yoga nidra is equated with 3 hours of sleep! This practice suspends you mind between being awake and asleep which is a healing level of mind where you get the ultimate powernap that goes well beyond normal sleep.
How It Feels
- Meditative & soothing
- Calms the mind
- Relieves stress
- Heart-opening & cultivates self-compassion
- Relaxing and freeing
- Sense of limitless
- Transforms negative thought patterns
- Decreases anxiety and depression
- Restores energetic balance
- Cultivates deep self-love
- Boosts creativity & spontaneity
Who Its Good For
Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra® is good for anyone with a desire for greater inner peace, improved health, or connection within one’s self. This practice has been used successfully to aid insomnia, stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, pain, cardiovascular and many other health issues.
Research Proven Method
Research conducted at well-recognized universities and medical centers including Stanford University, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Ohio State University, Medical College of Ohio, Banaras University and others, shows that regular practice of yoga nidra offers a viable means of prevention and reversal of numerous ailments and diseases, including cardiovascular, stress-related illness, chronic pain, and psychosomatic conditions. Yoga nidra strengthens the immune system, helps regulate blood pressure, balances the nervous and endocrine systems, improves sleep and aids insomnia. Yoga nidra aids all stress related illnesses which are 99% of illnesses today.
Conditions addressed by Yoga Nidra:
- stress (the cause of most illness today)
- anxiety and depression
- high blood pressure
- addiction, aggression, ADD, ADHD, PTSD
- digestive conditions
- heart disease
- chronic pain
- multiple sclerosis
- pre and post surgical conditions
- heal specific parts of the body
- geriatric psychological challenges
Yoga Nidra is proven to:
- permanently lower high blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- strengthen immune system
- increase helper cells that defend against infectious disease
- increase blood flow to the heart
- balance the autonomic nervous system (brings one out of flight or fight
- relieve pain and reduce or eliminate the need for pain medication
- balance and strengthen the endocrine system
- revitalize and recharge vital energy
- stabilize mind and emotions
- enhance creativity
- meditative and soothing
- heart opening and cultivates self-compassion
- activate our dormant healing energy to improve overall health and well-being
How Does it Work?
While resting in stillness, you are systematically guided through a visceral experience of the five layers of your being:
- The physical body
- The breath and energy body
- The mental-emotional body
- The higher mind – intuition and the witness consciousness
- The bliss body
Each layer is a doorway that opens into the next level. As we bring deep awareness to each individual layer, the coverings dissolve away, allowing us to exist simply as our true Selves. In this state of purity and authenticity, powerful, transformative healing can occur!
There is no way to practice Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra incorrectly! Whatever your experience, the practice of Divine Sleep® will still work – even if you fall asleep! The deepest layers of yourself are always awake and receptive, and will experience the full journey of Divine Sleep, whether you consciously remember it or not.
- Yoga Nidra, book by Swami Satyanada Saraswati, Bihar School
- Guided Relaxation, Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra CD, Jennifer Reis
- Deep Relaxation, Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra CD, Jennifer Reis
- Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra: Short and Long Journeys for Relaxation All Day Long