1. EXHALE “Like a bud in springtime…”
Kneel (or stand) with elbows bent at your sides, opening your chest as a tulip waiting to rise up and open. Sense your potential.
INHALE “My heart expands and radiates light.”
Radiate your arms from your heart-center like rays of the sun. Gently backbend to open your front body. Feel the sun’s energy blessing you.
Repeat three times or more.
2. INHALE “I reach upward and I receive…”
Begin in the same position above: Reach upward as the fountain of life and let your body be showered by energy from the vitality in your own wellspring with arms and heart open wide.
EXHALE “Deep cleansing warmth.”
Interlace your fingers behind your head. Bring your right elbow to the outside of your left knee. Rise up and repeat on the other side. (If you are standing bend your knees and bring your right elbow to the outside of your left knee in squat pose.) Repeat three times or more on each side moving slowly with breath.
3. INHALE “Aligned from Earth to Sky…”
From table pose, reach one arm out to the side and all the way up to the sun.
EXHALE “I am integrated.”
Lower hand down to the floor. Repeat with other arm.
Repeat three times or more on each side.
4. PRESS Stomach 36 energy points by crossing your arms and holding just underneath your knees on the outside of the shin to REVITALIZE your energy well.
ROCK Back and forth numerous times while holding Stomach 36 points. This relieves fatigue and massages your back which is a whole body treatment. (Or hold the points and roll side to side if rolling back and forth is uncomfortable.)
5. EXHALE ‘HA’ sound as you lift your hips into the air ,as though you were
tossing tossing a ball from your belly high up into the sky. Make the ‘HA’ sound sharp like a karate-chop kick sound.
INHALE lowing buttocks almost to the ground. Energizing!
Repeat 5-10 times.
6. DIRGHA SWARA MUDRA “Released from constriction, I am filled with radiant energy.” The ‘Expanded Breath’ mudra. Hands are held in front of your heart. Breath capacity can be naturally lengthened and expanded through the heart center, chest and into the entire body increasing Air Element with this mudra. The diaphragm can expand with more freedom and this in turn helps to energize, revitalize and bring enthusiasm into your life.
Hold for 5-10 natural breaths, then repeat phrase both aloud and silently.
Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise or weight-loss program. The general information displayed here is not intended to substitute for or replace your healthcare professional.
Five Element Yoga® is a vibrant and colorful flowing practice created by Jennifer Reis. She draws from Eastern traditions of Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine as well as Integrative Yoga Therapy and Kripalu Yoga. The result of practice both nourishes and balances your inner earth, water, fire, air, and ether elements to cultivate harmony and increase health. Join Jennifer for Five Element Yoga retreats: Martha’s Vineyard, Kripalu Center, and more!
Recommended practice on CD or MP3: Five Element Yoga®: All Levels Guided Yoga Practice and Deep Relaxation: Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra.
Jennifer Reis Yoga©
Error! You must specify a value for the Video ID, Width, Height parameters to use this shortcode!