For yoga therapists of all traditions as well as medical professionals and holistic therapists with a solid yoga practice.
The original texts of Hatha Yoga detail four disciplines—pranayama, mudra, kriya, and bandha—to support the practice of asana, concentration, and meditation. This module offers an in-depth exploration of each of these fields of study.
In this training, you
• Practice pranayama in ten progressive levels, beginning with introductory breathing practices and culminating with techniques of alternate nostril breathing
• Experience Mulabandha, Uddiyanabandha, and Jalandhara bandha and learn about their use in both asana practice and meditation
• Explore the six categories of kriyas; the most accessible and practical kriayas are explored in-depth
• Delve extensively into hand mudras, focusing on specific families of hand gestures and their relationship to health and healing
• Discuss tailoring these four disciplines for individual needs and specific health conditions.
Morning yoga classes integrate these techniques into the practice of asana and meditation while evening sessions explore how they form the foundation for concentration and meditation practices.
■ This program may be taken as part of Kripalu’s 1000-Hour Yoga Teacher Training, or as a standalone program.