When the five elements are out of balance, you feel out of balance, leading to suffering physically, emotionally or mentally. With Five Element Yoga® practice, you will learn how to guide yourself and your students back into harmony — with the Five Elements, and also with the corresponding koshic levels of being, vayu energy currents, dosha constitution and chakra wheels of energy.
Tap into your greatest potential, giving your natural constitution a chance to come into a gracious flow with life so that you may enjoy increased health, happiness, peace, and invigorating serenity.
“Brilliant how Jennifer weaves together yogic tools to create Five Element Yoga®. Her manual is AMAZING! Lots of info, clearly organized, and I take home with me a solid resource to reference as I both lead Five Element Yoga and for my own personal practice. I leave feeling inspired!” ~ Sona
“This was the best training I’ve ever taken. I love Jennifer! She’s so enthusiastic and also humorous, and very attentive to each one of us. I can’t wait to share Five Element Yoga® with my students!” ~ Joan
Ground in the Physical
• Learn how to guide vibrant Five Element Yoga® in your classes and workshops.
• Develop the elemental qualities within yourself of grounding, fluidity, radiance, compassion, and expansion.
• Discover the predominant element within each yoga posture. Understand yoga philosophy including Yoga Sutras and the Upanishads.
• Learn yogic models of the five koshas, five kleshas and five vayus, the senses, and their corresponding elements.
• Learn about Ayurveda and how the five elements are analogous to the doshas.
• Understand the effects of the elements on the systems of the body.
• Gain experience by practicing Five Element Yoga® with Jennifer each day.
• Practice in leading in partners and small groups.
• Learn to blend yogic philosophy, technical knowledge, joy, and playfulness in your teaching.
Invite the Energetic
• Explore unique elemental breathing techniques from yoga therapy.
• Learn how to use mudras, and self-bodywork including Shiatsu, Ayurvedic massage in your classes.
• Discover the transformational powers of activating the five elements within the yogic energetic anatomy of the energy channels and currents as well as the chakra wheels.
Integrate Your Experience
• Reflect and integrate your practice with creative exploration utilizing writing and art making.
• Cultivate self-compassion, understanding and knowledge by developing the Witness Consciousness.
• Integrate the power of the elements within meditation and guided yoga nidra.
• Expand into freedom and experience unity.
• Merge with nature and your true Self.
Our 40-hour five-day training includes experiential learning through lecture, power point, discussion, partner and small group exploration, as well as daily guided practice with asana, pranayama, meditation, yoga nidra, mudras, creative expression and self-bodywork.
You will get to practice teaching in partners and small groups what you have learned in a compassionate and supportive environment. Reflect and integrate through journaling, writing, mandala creation, drawing and writing. Five Element Yoga® Teacher Training includes a manual to facilitate this depth practice and aid in taking it home with you to incorporate into your life and teaching.