Jennifer is thrilled to be teaching at one of her favorite places The Lotus Pond, on the beautiful Florida Gulf Coast, 6201 Lynn Road, Tampa, FL.
You can now stay on site at the Lotus Pond Retreat House! Stay right on the beautiful Lotus Pond grounds in this lovely, newly renovated guest house But book early – Retreat House space is limited.
40-hour Certificate Training. 40-CE credits Yoga Alliance YACEP and others. Participants receive a certificate upon completion of the training.
REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm each day, with 1 hour lunch break. Approximately 5-6 hours homework and reading.
Five Element Yoga® is a potent practice of yoga postures, breathing, mudras, meditation, and yoga nidra that realigns us with the rhythms of nature! Developed by Jennifer Reis, Five Element Yoga® is rooted in yoga and yoga therapy, Ayurveda, and Chinese wisdom.
When the five elements are out of balance, one can feel out of balance leading to suffering physically, emotionally or mentally. With Five Element Yoga® practice, you will learn how to guide yourself and your students back into harmony — not only with elements, but also with the five elements corresponding kosha level of being, vayu energy current, dosha constitution and chakra wheel of energy — to tap into greatest potential. Your natural constitution is given a chance to come into a gracious flow with life so that you may enjoy increased health, happiness, peace, and potential.
In this training you will move deeply into Five Element Yoga® practice yourself while learning the skills necessary to create powerful classes and workshops. Beyond an ordinary training, this is a time for practice, experiential learning and investigation that will transform your life and the lives of your students. By embodying the five elements with yoga, you will take your teaching to a higher level to awaken your inner radiance as a yogi, as a teacher, and most importantly, as a human being.
• Learn how to guide vibrant Five Element Yoga® in your classes and workshops.
• Develop the elemental qualities within yourself of grounding, fluidity, radiance, compassion, and expansion.
• Discover the predominant element within each yoga posture. Understand yoga philosophy including Yoga Sutras and the Upanishads.
• Learn yogic models of the five koshas, five kleshas and five vayus, the senses, and their corresponding elements.
• Learn about Ayurveda and how the five elements are analogous to the doshas.
• Understand the effects of the elements on the systems of the body.
• Gain experience by practicing Five Element Yoga® with Jennifer each day.
• Practice in leading in partners and small groups.
• Learn to blend yogic philosophy, technical knowledge, joy, and playfulness in your teaching.
• Explore unique elemental breathing techniques from yoga therapy.
• Learn how to use mudras, and self-bodywork including Shiatsu, Ayurvedic massage in your classes.
• Discover the transformational powers of activating the five elements within the yogic energetic anatomy of the energy channels and currents as well as the chakra wheels.
• Reflect and integrate your practice with creative exploration utilizing writing and art making.
• Cultivate self-compassion, understanding and knowledge by developing the Witness Consciousness.
• Integrate the power of the elements within meditation and guided yoga nidra.
• Expand into freedom and experience unity.
• Merge with nature and your true Self.
Our 40-hour five-day training includes experiential learning through lecture, power point, discussion, partner and small group exploration, as well as daily guided practice with asana, pranayama, meditation, yoga nidra, mudras and self-bodywork.
You will get to practice teaching in partners and small groups what you have learned in a compassionate and supportive environment. Reflect and integrate through journaling, writing, mandala creation, drawing and writing. Five Element Yoga® Teacher Training includes a manual to facilitate this depth practice and aid in taking it home with you to incorporate into your life and teaching.