Dvimukham Mudra has a calming effect with thus allows you to release the stresses of the moment to connect with your deeper wisdom. This mudra increases the downward flow of energy and breath in your body (apana vayu current) that brings you into a state of peace by helping to lower the blood pressure and reduce stress levels by shifting your nervous system into the relaxation mode (parasympathetic).
FIVE ELEMENTS: Dvimukham Mudra activates and increases the Earth Element, enhancing qualities such as relaxation, serenity, grounding, steadiness, focus, mindfulness and improving the ability to sleep!
HOW TO: Hold your hands facing upward like you are holding a large salad bowl, in your lap or in front of your belly, for 5-10 natural breaths. State the affirmation three times out loud, then silently.
“In the cocoon of my inner being, I discover my True Wisdom.”
- Deeply relaxing.
- Massages lower abdomen internally as it enhances abdominal breathing.
- Especially good for insomnia, lowering blood pressure, toning vagus nerve.
- Cultivates serenity helping to reduce anxiety and fear.
- Supports health of reproductive, urinary and eliminatory systems, as well as nourishes low back.
- Naturally lengthens exhalation bringing you into Relaxation Response.
CAUTION: low blood pressure practice with caution.
Mudras and information provided are modified, and used by permission, from Joseph and Lilian LePage.
Error! You must specify a value for the Video ID, Width, Height parameters to use this shortcode!