Restorative Twist Pose
Restorative Five Element Yoga® uses props on the floor in order to release tensions and rest deeply while you are awake and aware. Each pose gently activates and balances specific elements within the Five Element systems in yoga and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
RESTORATIVE TWIST POSE: Balances Fire & Earth Elements
- Sit with one hip touching the end of your bolster (or tall stack of 3 pillows, blankets, or large couch cushion). Allow knees to slide apart to feel comfortable.
- Sit up tall and stay upright as you slowly twist facing towards the props.
- Then slowly lower your belly, chest and head onto the props.
- Turn your head the same direction as the knees, or rest forehead on your hands.
- Breathe and rest deeply.
- After some time, slowly rise up, and practice the other side.
Notice the effects and how you feel after your practice.
Possible Benefits of Restorative Five Element Yoga®
- Teaches you how to ‘consciously relax’ reducing stress.
- Deeply soothes the physical and energy bodies.
- Stills quiets, a busy mind and reduces feeling of struggle.
- Allows you to practice Mindfulness through your body-mind.
- Releases muscular tension, improving mobility and flexibility.
- Tones the Vagus Nerve to balances the nervous system.
- Shifts you into the Relaxation Response – parasympathetic.
- Improves capacity for healing.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Stimulates Oxytocin the ‘feel good’ hugging hormone.
- Helps you to sleep better.
- Develops compassion, kindness, acceptance.
Join Me For: Quiet Sanctuary Restorative Five Element Yoga® WORKSHOP Monday Sept 11, 7:00-9:00pm ET LIVE-ONLINE.
Error! You must specify a value for the Video ID, Width, Height parameters to use this shortcode!