It’s never easy to Begin Again. And yet, life keeps asking us to do just that. Change is also what keeps us young, alert, and has the potency to strengthen us physically, mentally and emotionally. Like a flexible reed, bowing and bending with the wind and its changes of direction.
Here are some tips to help you embrace change, allowing you to return to your Beginner’s Mind for a fresh start.
- Empty your mind.
- Let go of the need to find the answers, fix anything, and dissolve your list of ‘shoulds’.
- Position yourself like an open cup, ready for deliciousness to fill you when it’s time.
- One footstep at a time.
- Do not rush.
- Enjoy the view from where you are NOW, and each unfolding moment of this precious journey.
- Allow yourself to feel the vulnerability of the beginner.
- This includes allowing emotions that arise to be present.
- Allow fears and fear of failure to be present, but not flooding your experience.
- Sit with what is: it will all change momentarily like ocean waves.
- Fall down three times, get up four times.
- Why me? As best you can, do not take anything personally.
- Allow your mind to be open to the array of possibilities at hand.
- Do not be the master or the expert – be the student.
- Receive each moment with mindful awareness.
- Foster the inquiry rather than answer.
- Let your imagination and creativity soar!
- Try not to edit or filter yourself to remain open to new possibility.
- Trust yourself and the Universe and the eve-present help from beyond.
- Appreciate and love yourself for who you are right now.
- Have empathy and compassion for yourself as a wonderful and divine being, just as you are now.
Error! You must specify a value for the Video ID, Width, Height parameters to use this shortcode!